The more likes your Facebook business page has, the more opportunities to get your message and products to the people who are most likely to engage with your content and make a purchase. Facebook uses a variety of algorithms to give more reach to posts that come from a page with a higher number of fans, and the more that your content is shared and circulated the more credible your brand become in the eyes of search engines and other users. So ensuring your page gets as many likes as possible is vital to your social media marketing strategy.
In a world that’s saturated with advertisements and a variety of companies to choose from, how do you gain the trust of users enough to begin following your brand? Here are a few ways to generate more likes for your business page on Facebook:
- Optimize your Facebook page info: Be sure to fill out as much of the page information as you can and keep it consistent with your other social media business pages or accounts where your brand is represented. Most people will only see the basics when they look at your Facebook page: Your Company name, your picture, and a brief description. Making sure they are consistent prevents any possible confusion and shows potential customers that you are reliable. Don’t forget to make sure it’s aesthetically pleasing, too—you want people to remember your brand.
- Post engaging content: Facebook users are inundated with content on their feed, so “content for content’s sake” is not going to cut it. Pictures, links, videos, and posts all need to be engaging enough to capture your audience’s attention—are you providing information that they can utilize and rely on in moments of need? Are you helping them answer a particular question or are you just paraphrasing information that you have already posted? However, it’s important to remember that content does not have to be limited to blogs. Visual posts, in the form of pictures or videos, are more likely to receive engagement and attract new fans.
- Stay active: Post frequently. In most cases, this will be somewhere between 3 days per week to every day. You can also use Facebook Page Insights to tell when your fans are online so you can make sure to be available to join in the discussions that are happening about your business. Also, by posting something when your audience is online, you increase the likelihood that your message finds the user right when they are online.
- Run a contest: Contests are a great way to promote your brand on Facebook. To be most effective, they should be simple, yet fun. They should also be relevant to your audience so that more people are likely to participate and spread the word about your contest or specials. Make sure that you keep everyone updated on when the contest or special is about to end and then announce the winners—show your target audience all the fun people are having by associating with your brand
- Use social media monitoring: Facebook Page Insights provides a number of metrics you can use to measure the effect your posts have on your audience, allowing you to adjust content and timing accordingly. Demographic data of your current followers such as age ranges, gender, geo, and other interests can give you a better representation on who your ideal customer is so you can target similar audiences. Audience targeting helps make sure that your message and advertisements are presented in the News Feed of users who are most likely to take an interest in your brand or your products being offered.
Coupled with good design and a strong brand, these tips will help ensure that your brand is deemed as credible and trustworthy to people who aren’t already fans of your Facebook business page. For more information, contact the experts at Full Moon Design Group.