There’s a business adage that goes something like this: a happy customer tells a friend; an unhappy customer tells the world. With the Internet at our fingertips and social media just a few clicks away, an unhappy customer really can tell the world in just a few seconds. And the world is paying attention.
Here are some recent statistics concerning online reviews:
- 92% of consumers read online reviews
- 80% of consumers trust reviews as much as personal recommendations
- 94% of consumers would use a business with a 4-star rating
- 40% of consumers form an opinion after reading just one to three reviews
- 73% of consumers form an opinion after reading up to six reviews
- 88% of consumers form an opinion after reading up to ten reviews
- 63% of customers are more likely to make a purchase from a site that has reviews
- 68% of consumers trust reviews more when they have good and bad scores
- Star rating is the number one factor used by consumers used to judge a business
- Online reviews are a search engine ranking factor
Online research plays a vital role in consumer purchasing and it is clear that online reviewers have become key influencers in the purchase decision-making process. Now more than ever, it is critically important that businesses capitalize on the value that online reviews offer.
Now, ask yourself these questions:
- Does your website display your company’s online reviews?
- Does your business have fewer than 10 online reviews in the last two months?
- Is your average star rating on Yelp or Google Maps four stars or higher?
If the answer to any of these questions is no, then you may be not be making the most of your company’s online reputation. Full Moon Design Group can help you determine a strategy for managing and improving the impact of your online reviews. For assistance with online reputation management, contact Full Moon Design Group at (512) 428-9072.